- Organizational Management and Expansion
- Strategic Planning, Organizational Structure
- Sales, Marketing, Public Relations
- Human Resources Recruiting/Hiring/Training/Policies/Handbooks
- Personnel Supervision and Conflict Mediation
- Central Office and Field/Branch Management
- International Travel Management
- Ad Design Supervision
- Professional Editing/Writing Skills
- Strong Communication/Public Speaking Skills
- Windows XP, MS Word, Outlook
- Professional Editing/Writing
- Bachelor of Science, Phi Beta Kappa, University of Oregon
- Post Graduate Work in Business Administration
- Masters Degree Dominican University 2005
Computer application services company. Full business administration, contracting, policies, payroll.
Speaker/author, administrative duties, editing, personal organization
Director of Business Administration
Technical theatre lighting and staging company. Responsible for developing and implementing seven division organizational plan, hiring process, salary evaluation and budgeting plan, job evaluation, in-house shop procedures, job descriptions, staffing, org charting.
Fresher Information Corporation
Human Resources/Organizational Development
Responsible for recruiting, benefits design, positioning, policies, employee handbook, HR, interviews, Admin/HR section of business plan, departmental budgeting, employee law, hiring plan, organizational development. Ramping up to staff of 124 by end of Y2K. Increased staffing by 51% in two months.
Start up operations from scratch for Northern California pre-IPO branch office. Office space acquisition, staffing forecasting, recruiting, all HR, facilities, legal and in-office policies, investor relations, business assessments and administration.
Standard Medical, San Francisco, CA
Business Consultant/Chief Administrative Officer
Medical E-Commerce Start-Up preparing for IPO. Established basic accounting, hiring, legal, and general office communications systems and administration for start-up. Complete office management. Created full seven-division organizational structure and org chart. Completed full assessments for corrected management and stock option distribution systems and implemented those systems. Created proper routing for payables. Liaison with physician shareholders, Board of Directors, CEO and legal counsel.
Senior Editor for technical business model, policy documents.
Hawken Construction, San Rafael, CA
Director of Business Administration
Establishment of office computer systems, employee handbooks, training, and company policies for both Drywall division and Paint division. Communication systems and job routing administration. All legal. Full implementation of organizational charts, mapping and expansion plan. Increased gross revenue 34% from the prior year within eight months. Established successful Paint division with consistent 15% to 20% profit margin. Created computerized scheduling procedures, scheduling over 20,000 hours of labor delivered to satisfied customers.
The Totally Fun Company, Clearwater, FL
- Interfaced directly with and created presentations for top CEOs of entertainment industry, including Bob Pittman, Steven Spielberg, Time Warner Executives, Presidents of all the Time Warner Six Flags theme parks, Presidents of European Walibi theme parks.
- Clients include Time/Warner, Six Flags, Walibi European Theme Parks, Treasure Island Redwing Casino.
- The company brought in approximately 26 million dollars in gross revenue in the last five contract seasons.
Director of Human Resources and Administration
- Created national and international orientation programs for performers in seven different states, as well as in Holland, Belgium and France.
Community Activities, Awards
- Past Member Northern California Human Resources Association (NCHRA)
- Past Member Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Past Chairman of the Charter Committee, a business mediation organization
- Charter Member of WISE, an international business organization
- Brochure design I supervised won an Addy Award for the Tampa Bay Area
- Recipient for three consecutive years of the WISE Model of Business Administration Award
- Keynote Speaker California Teachers Association
- Substitute Columnist for Jon Carroll and Adair Lara, San Francisco Chronicle
- Website writer for Posthoc.com, fringegolf.com, ewin.com
- Professional writer in all media